Botswana Country Manager
My client is a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy recognised for the value and innovation we bring to every commission they undertake. The ROA division wish to appoint a Director as Country Manager (CM) for Botswana.
You will join the ROA team providing services that help their Clients devise strategies to deliver successful business solutions prior to sanction, achieve confidence around project delivery, ensure projects are effectively managed & controlled and facilitate the capture and transfer of knowledge.
As CM you will have wide-spread exposure to the business environment, you will have authority to act and your actions will have a considerable impact on future business and direction.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in managing people/teams, business development and client management in the consulting environment, and have an excellent understanding of industry best practice across the life cycle of projects and will be based permanently in Botswana
A CM will have responsibility for the service stream in terms of Project Resourcing, Best Practice and Knowledge Management, Tool & Systems, Key Account Management, Service Opportunity identification and Service Development, amongst others.
You will continue to promote the interests of my client giving the full benefit of your knowledge, expertise and skills to all your business undertakings.
You will report to the MD ROA and will interface fully with the various Market Sector Leads (MSL).
In undertaking the role CM, there would be specific expectations to be met. The expectations will form part of your continuous development and performance measurement.
- BSc in construction or engineering related fields
- Member of a professional institute i.e. (RICS; IBQS; SACQSP)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Good understanding and knowledge of modern contracting strategies for major projects including forms of contract, payment terms, incentive/penalty arrangements, innovative commercial models and securisation of performance
- Strong experience and skills in handing contractor, consultant progress claims, variation claims and other issues that arise during typical design, procurement and construction contracts
- Understanding of an EPCM project environment
- Strong procurement and project controls experience