A job opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the incumbent will be required to ensure the effective implementation and organisation of the maintenance system, the standards and statutory responsibilities of a designated area of responsibility.
- Participate in Engineering Forums with the aim to continuously develop best maintenance practices
- Participate in the activities of the Plant to contribute to incumbent’s skill and knowledge of discipline
- Develop and implement best maintenance practices
- Audit and review equipment condition to compile a renewal plan, aimed at keeping equipment running at optimum performance levels. Drive the effective implementation of same
- Keep all records and statistics according to company requirement, in order to facilitate the effective flow of relevant information, and report monthly or as required
- Prepare and manage the budget in line with financial policies and procedures.
- Manage and Support SHEQ initiatives to achieve company SHEQ objectives. Build commitment to sustain improvements in safety.
- Ensures proper maintenance of plant equipment root causes of equipment failures are identified and corrected
- Oversees the maintenance programme to ensure that the plant integrity is maintained
- Tracks trends of repeated failures and breakdown's and engineers’ better solutions to improve output
- Develops and ensures adherence to a preventative maintenance schedule using SAP and adapts this according to changing needs
- Determine and update critical spares requirements
- Assist the project manager with electrical projects related to maintenance and energy efficiency
- Minimum: National Diploma, Advantageous: B. Tech / B.Sc.
- 5 Years maintenance experience in heavy engineering industry.
- Ideally 4 Years supervisory experience.
- Advantageous: 2 Years post - maintenance business processes in a heavy industrial, manufacturing environment.
- Must have extensive SAP experience